We are grateful to our partners for their ongoing support of the individual mechinot (pre-military leadership academies) as well as the inter-mechina work of the Joint Council.
The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Defense are central partners of the mechina enterprise and support our work as provided in the Pre-Military Leadership Academies Act. Government funding accounts for approximately one-half of the expenses associated with mechina students.
Joint Council activities enjoy additional support from other important partners, including some that have been providing assistance for many years (such as the Avi Chai Foundation and UJA–Federation of New York) and others with which relationships were formed only recently (such as the KKL). These partners provide the mechinot with needed funding not provided by the government and permit the Joint Council to continue expanding its activities and influence:
- Israel's Ministry of Education
- Israel's Ministry of Security
- UJA–Federation of New York
- JDC–Israel Ashalim
- International Fellowship of Christians and Jews
- Avi Chai Foundation
- Gandyr Foundation
- Ruderman Family Foundation
- The European Union
- Jewish Women's Foundtion Of New York
- The Cheryl Saban Self-Worth Foundation For Women & Girls